Sunday, August 26, 2012

I'm a Loser

I like stand up paddle races- even if I never, ever win. I know this sounds crazy but I've come to the happy realization that it's more about soaking up the good vibes, positive energy and enthusiasm then coming in at the front to the pack. I may be a loser when it comes to the podium, but in the goofy-smile-spread-across-my-face division, I'm the all time champion- especially when I run into a keiki (child) racer on the course. I'll be dying, my toes cramping up so much it feels like they're trying to braid themselves, and there will be this little racer wiggling to the finish with a paddle that's twice their body length. I'm dying, they're giggling; which makes me realize that the best racer out there is the one having the most fun!

Definitely not a loser!

No comments:

Post a Comment